Are you one of those people that finds it hard to make decisions? Big life decisions are almost impossible to make and you don’t even like making small everyday decisions because you never know which choice is the right one?
I know that feeling all too well because I used to do anything to avoid making decisions. I used to absolutely hate making any kind of decision, big or small, and whenever anyone would ask me to make a choice I would say “I don’t know” or “you can choose”.
The very powerful lesson that I have seen over the years though is that successful people are decisive people. Those people that are achieving their goals, are great leaders and are going places in life are making decisions quickly and with confidence. The happiest people I know make decisions fast and don’t dwell for days, weeks or even months on whether the choice they made was the right one. They make the choice and keep moving forward in life.
Here are some quick steps on how to be more decisive:
- Get the information that you need to make an informed decision
- Set yourself a deadline of when you will make the decision by. For small decisions, make them immediately. For big ones, it is OK to take some time to make the decision, just make sure it is a couple of days rather than weeks or months.
- Analyse the data and information that you have considering the pro’s and con’s of each decisions and then make the decision based on your intuition or gut feeling of what to do. The more you practise this the easier it becomes.
- Trust that you made the right choice and don’t question your choice or turn back with fear and doubt
- Let go of any bad decisions that you have made in the past and know that even if they were bad choices they provided you with valuable lessons
- Keep making decisions more quickly and move forward with confidence! There are no “Wrong” decisions.
Here’s a quote to leave you with from the wise Deepak Chopra:
“If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.” ~ Deepak Chopra
Want help to work through your internal blocks
to take your life to a new level?
Come join me on a 10 week journey to awaken a new level of life that you didn’t know was possible. In the Awaken Your Inner Game program I will help you to clear the internal blocks that are currently holding you back in life so that you can lead a life filled with joy, inner peace and fulfilment.